Activist - Raw Manuka Honey 300+ MGO
Medium Level of Therapeutic Benefit: Wellbeing & Antibacterial Activity. 300+MGO
Daily immune support with your superfood smoothies and tonic teas.
MĀNUKA HONEY is one of the most beneficial forms of honey in the world. In 1981, researchers at the New Zealand University of Waikato discovered that Mānuka Honey has a considerably higher level of enzymes than regular honey and identified its active agent, methylglyoxal (MGO)—the concentration of which is widely measured in the industry to determine the potency of what’s in the jar. These enzymes create a natural hydrogen peroxide that works as an antibacterial.
Activist Raw Mānuka Honey is wildcrafted in Aotearoa, New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native Mānuka Bush during a short seasonal window in the spring and summer. This Honey is a natural and rare resource with a much higher content of enzymes and antibacterial properties than other types of honey. The higher the declared MGO value of honey, the higher its antibacterial activity.
• Anti-Aging: Studies show that the methylglyoxal found in Mānuka increases the production of collagen in the skin, protects it and thus promotes regeneration. The amino acids found in Mānuka balance the pH and are extremely moisturizing.
• Skin inflammation: The methylglyoxal enzymes in honey produce a natural hydrogen peroxide which has an antibacterial effect. Mānuka can thus relieve inflammation and pain and 'dress' a wound at any stage.
• Skin stress and impurities: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Mānuka has exceptional healing properties. Redness is visibly reduced, congested or inflamed skin such as eczema or psoriasis is diminished. You can use the honey daily for cleansing, as a selective acne treatment or as a face mask.
• Digestion: The honey supports the natural digestive microbiome, can neutralize pathogens and balance the digestion. In addition, its high antioxidant content has been shown to be effective in the treatment of stomach ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease, colitis, dyspepsia, GERD, staphylococcal infections, food poisoning and has been proven.
• Dental Hygiene: Due to its antibacterial and microbial properties, it can kill plaque and improve and prevent problems associated with tooth decay and gum inflammation. It is also perfect for use as a mouthwash or for 'oil extraction' to remove toxins
• Immune System: Mānuka has been shown to be effective against antibiotic-resistant microbes. In case of illness it can relieve sore throat, cough and improve cold symptoms. Mānuka can also help against acute sinus problems and allergies (including hay fever).